Deprecated: Hook custom_css_loaded is deprecated since version jetpack-13.5! Use WordPress Custom CSS instead. Jetpack no longer supports Custom CSS. Read the documentation to learn how to apply custom styles to your site: in /var/www/wp-includes/functions.php on line 6078
NAFTA Work Permit – ZFCanada

NAFTA Work Permit

What is it?

NAFTA Work Permits are available for all citizens of a NAFTA signatory. This includes Canada, the United States and Mexico. There are three types of NAFTA Work Permits

1. NAFTA Investor Work Permit

American or Mexican citizens who want to set up or buy a business in Canada may qualify for a NAFTA Investor Work Permit. The business one opens must be owned by a majority of citizens from NAFTA. There is no minimum investment required, but the investment cannot be easily redeemable – as it should be shown it truly has gone to the venture.

2. Intra-Company Transfer Work Permit

This work permit allows employees of a company to move from one branch/affiliate/subsidiary located in a NAFTA country to another branch/affiliate/subsidiary located in another NAFTA country. The purpose of this permit is to facilitate the transfer of knowledge from foreign employees to their associated Canadian businesses. The applicant must have been on the payroll of the foreign company for a period of at least 1 year in the last 3 years. The applicant must also have been in a managerial or senior position (or a specialized knowledge employee). They must also be offered the same position in Canada.

3. NAFTA Professional Work Permit (TN Visa)

American or Mexican citizens with work experience in certain professional occupations who have been offered a job in Canada may be eligible for a NAFTA professional work permit. The applicant must meet educational or the alternative credential requirements laid out by NAFTA.